Fonds Number: 284
Title: Belmont Farmers Club fonds
Creator: Belmont Farmers Club
Dates of Material: 1913-1915, 1944, 1964
Physical Description: 1 volume, 1 cm
Scope and Contents:
Belmont Farmers Club minute book, including list of members; expenses; minutes; orders; and accounts. Includes separate documents:
Annual report, Belmont Municipal Telephone System, 1944
reprint, 1964, of the Peterborough Examiner, 20 October 1864
Open to researchers.
None Available on site.
Acquired by Ivan Bateman at auction and donated to the Trent Valley Archives, 2009
Biographical Sketch/ Administrative History
The Belmont Farmers Club was set up to arrange bulk buying from suppliers that were then distributed to the members. Commodities bought in bulk include linseed oil; salt; hay straw grain; corn; and seeds. The list of names helps defines the neighbours of the years around 1913 to 1915.
Belmont Municipal Telephone System
Ivan Bateman’s article on the “Cooperative Farmers of Belmont Township” appeared in the Heritage Gazette of the Trent Valley, Vol 14, 3 (November 2009) 16-18.
Members of the Belmont Farmers Club:
T. J. Parker
J. W. Russell
J. W. Irwin
W. J. Rylott
G. B. Sanders
E. J. Lason
John R. Anderson
Martin F. Clark
W. W. Ellis
Jas. W. Kitchen
Rev Thomas Mills
Jas B. Peoples
Mrs Jas Henry
A. M. Buchanan
Robt McFaul Jr
E. C. Emmory