Canada Summer Jobs 2019
Since 1989, the Trent Valley Archives has promoted the preservation and care of archives. We encourage local history and family history research, maintain a web-page and quarterly magazine, operate a major research facility, and raise public awareness of history and archives through historical tours and community events. At present, we have about 1800 cubic feet of documents relating to people, events and places connected with the Trent Valley.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 30 hours per week (10:00 am to 4:30pm with some flexibility for TVA events outside of business hours)
Position to run for 16 weeks starting May 7, 2019
Wage $14.00 per hour plus CPP, EI and WSIB
Working under the direction of the Archivist, Associate Archivist, and Webmaster, Archival Assistant—Web Content will participate in
the operation of the Trent Valley Archives in accordance with its established procedures.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Creating an online exhibit of an archival collection
- Building an online gallery for a selection of our photographs
- Writing feature articles about our collections for posting on our website
- preparing documents for digitization and digitizing as required
- other related duties as assigned
The applicant must:
- be eligible to work within the parameters of the Canada Summer Jobs program. Visit Funding: Canada Summer Jobs – Overview for details.
- be enrolled in or a recent graduate of a history, museum studies, or archival studies program
- have excellent written and oral communication skills
- be able to follow directions and work independently as well as with staff and volunteers
- be proficient in basic computer applications including word processing and spreadsheets
- have the ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
- have own transportation to the workplace which is not on the city bus line
- familiarity with archival digitization methods is an asset
- familiarity with WordPress is an asset
Availability of this position is subject to award of a grant from Canada Summer Jobs.
Apply in person at Trent Valley Archives, 567 Carngie Ave, Peterborough or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include two references.