Fonds 168

Title: Mason family fonds

Creator: John Eric Mason

Dates of Material: 2007

Physical Description: 1 inch

Scope and Contents:
Land records pertaining to 515 Cross Street, near McDonnel Street, consisting of seven documents, 1882-1946.

Access Conditions:
Open to researchers.

Finding Aids:
Available on site.

Accruals:
None expected.

Custodial History:
This copy of the original documents donated by Mrs Marjorie (nee Cameron) Mason, 515 Cross Street.

Biographical Sketch/ Administrative History
The property was originally part of Park Lot 15, which stretched from Park to Monaghan on the south side of McDonnel Street. In the past 100 years the house has been owned by only two families, the Stevens family and the Mason family.

Access Points:
St John’s Anglican Church
Stevens family

File listing:

1.  Indenture, 15 June 1882, between Anglican Diocese of Toronto and St John’s Church on one side and David G. Hatton and R. A. Morrow on the other, selling park lots 15 and 16 for $4,375.
2.  Indenture, 10 August 1889
3.  Indenture, 30 August 1889
4.  Indenture, 26 may 1896
5.  Indenture, 4 June 1892
6.  Indenture, 6 June 1902
7.  Indenture, 23 March 1946