|60||Peterborough County Land Registry|
|64||Peterborough County Court|
|99||Township of North Kawartha, Peterborough County|
Fonds consists of records accumulated by Janet Cobb between 1961-2012, including correspondence, interview transcriptions, newspaper clippings, brochures, photographs and a scrapbook pertaining to Peterborough city and county, Trent University, the Peterborough Lift Locks, family history, and items of personal interest.
Access Points: Peterborough County; Peterborough, Ontario; Peterborough Lift Lock; Genealogical research; Trent University; Cobb family; Mowry family; St. Joseph’s Cemetery
The fonds consists of the working files and drawings of J.P. Cahorn Engineering, which are arranged chronologically and alphabetically and filed according to his project numbers, which start with the year (although there are some conflicts in his system). They include information from other sources. He acted as a consultant on a variety of very different sites and/or buildings, mostly in the City of Peterborough but also throughout Peterborough County and beyond. Most of his work was related to structural engineering of new and existing sites and buildings for residential, industrial and commercial projects. He dealt with small and large projects, from someone’s garage addition to a 4-story condominium building. He consulted for residents, businesses, industries, cities, townships and public organizations. His approach to projects was always diligent, thorough, and consistent.
Access Points: Norwood; Collingwood; YMCA; All Saints Church, Peterborough; Millbrook; Hope Sawmill, Lang; Ennismore; 40 Auburn St. Condominium Building; Campbellford; Indusmin; Peterborough Club; Bobcaygeon; Peterborough Courthouse; Omemee; Nephton; Buckhorn; Warsaw
Fonds consists of the papers of Peter Adams relating to his work at McGill & Trent Universities, in the community and as an Ontario MPP and federal MP from Peterborough.
B. Community Initiatives, Programmes, Campaigns
C. Political Life
Access Points: Peterborough, Ontario; Trent University Geography Department; Peterborough Collegiate Institute; St. John’s Church; Peterborough Historical Society; Peterborough Politics; Provincial Government; Federal Government; Canadian Arctic
|343||Rexe, J. Paul||
The fonds consists of materials pertaining to Rexe’s personal life and career as a teacher and politician, including correspondence, City Council memoranda and meeting agendas, planning documentation and reports, news clippings, personal notes, PCG reports and studies, court transcripts, legal invoices, and more.
Access Points: Ann Rexe; Lou Kazowski; Doug Galvin; 1979 Federal Election; 1981 Provincial Election; Peterborough, Ontario; Peterborough City Council; 1971, 1980, 2003 Peterborough Municipal Election; Peterborough County Board of Education; Trent University; Municipal Consultancy
The fonds consists of a total of 189 plate glass negatives, most of which measure approximately 12.7×17.7 cm [5″ x 7″]. These were created by at least 3 different photographers between 1892 and 1905 at various locations in Peterborough County, Alberta, and British Columbia. The collection contains many culturally significant pieces, including views of work on the Trent Severn Waterway ca. 1900, views of Stoney Lake and Juniper Point, and portraits of prominent Peterboronians and their homes in the 1890s and early 1900s.
Access Points: Trent Severn Waterway; Peterborough, Ontario; Beaverton, Ontario; Stoney Lake; Juniper Point; Eel’s Creek; Grubbe’s Island; Indian River; Merino; Hazel Brae; Idyl Wyld; John Morrice Roger Fairbairn; Hannah MacFarlane Fairbairn
|406||Peterborough County House of Refuge||
Fonds consists of records and historical research notes compiled by Kim Krenz related to the history of the Peterborough County House of Refuge, and its successor Rosemere Manor. The House of Refuge operated from 1906 to the 1970s, when Rosemere Manor was established as a senior’s residence around 1979.
Access Points: Lakefield, Ontario; Rosemere Manor; Peterborough County; Kim Krenz; Preston Family; Richard McCarthy
|519||Peterborough County Council|
|620||District of Colborne||
Dates: December, 1841
Letters patent for the creation of the justices of the peace for the District of Colborne, December 9th 1841, upon the completion of the courthouse in Peterborough. The letters lay out the duties of these justices and lists some of the types indictments they are to rule over, including assault, murder and lawmen who fail to perform their proper duties. It also suggests that men who have committed one of these indictments must either turn themselves in, be arrested by an officer of the law, or be outlawed. Punishment for those men who are not able to keep the peace is time in jail. The document includes the names of the Chief Justice, Vice Chancellor, Executive Council, the Legislative Council, and the Justices of the Peace of all local areas.
Access Points: Peterborough County Court House; District of Colborne; District of Newcastle; Peterborough Law Association
Fonds consists of correspondence, databases related to cemeteries and genealogy. In file 319, Betty Craw in 1982 made the following observations:
Access Points: Peterborough County; Victoria County; Northumberland County; Cemeteries; Genealogical research; Ashburnham, Ontario; Peterborough, Ontario
|738||Peterborough County Voters' Lists|