The fonds consists of the working files and drawings of J.P. Cahorn Engineering, which are arranged chronologically and alphabetically and filed according to his project numbers, which start with the year (although there are some conflicts in his system). They include information from other sources. He acted as a consultant on a variety of very different sites and/or buildings, mostly in the City of Peterborough but also throughout Peterborough County and beyond. Most of his work was related to structural engineering of new and existing sites and buildings for residential, industrial and commercial projects. He dealt with small and large projects, from someone’s garage addition to a 4-story condominium building. He consulted for residents, businesses, industries, cities, townships and public organizations. His approach to projects was always diligent, thorough, and consistent.
Access Points: Norwood; Collingwood; YMCA; All Saints Church, Peterborough; Millbrook; Hope Sawmill, Lang; Ennismore; 40 Auburn St. Condominium Building; Campbellford; Indusmin; Peterborough Club; Bobcaygeon; Peterborough Courthouse; Omemee; Nephton; Buckhorn; Warsaw
Dates: 1975 to 2010
Fonds consists of slides, 1975, and photo prints, 1989-2010, taken at public events held throughout the Peterborough Region. The slides for 1975 relate to the celebration of the 150th anniversary of the Robinson settlers of 1825 and the Peterborough Exhibition, founded in 1843, marking belatedly its 100th anniversary.
Access Points: Peterborough, Ontario; Peter Robinson Settlers; Peterborough Exhibition; King Edward School; Peterborough Regional Health Centre; Trent University; Peterborough Liftlock